Okay, where else should you see if you can get a discount...
-the phone company. threaten to switch! 9 out of 10 times they will do what they can to keep your business. (this trick typically works for many places, (cable, internet, lawn service).
My Rate Plan, allows you to compare your service charges with other places
-If a piece of clothing seems slightly damaged (like missing a button), retailers can, and usually will, knock 10% to 15% off.
-You can ask for an open box at electronics stores, which means an item has been returned but has been inspected to make sure that it's in working order. Usually you can get about 15% off.
-Always look up coupon code or promotion code before you buy anything online!! So many sites offer free shipping or a % off. Some popular sites are:
-Many stores will alter the price at which you originally paid if the price has gone done within a few weeks. (Refer to stores policy before you buy)
- Best Buy – Best Buy will match the price of a similar store within a 25-mile radius. Best Buy also price matches with BestBuy.com – so pull up the price on your smartphone and you’ll get the online price in the store.
- The Home Depot – Find a better price in a competing local store’s ad and The Home Depot will beat it by 10%.
- JCPenney – Make sure you have the latest ad from the competitor’s store.
- Kohl’s – Get a price adjustment if your item goes on sale within 14 days.
- Macy’s – Macy’s will price match with similar stores up to 10 days after your purchase.
- Nordstrom – Nordstrom offers a 14-day window for sale adjustments
- Sears – Bring a current ad from a local retailer within 14 days of your purchase to get a price adjustment.
- Target – Target will match any current local competitor’s price, as well as Target.com prices, on items bought from Nov. 1 all the way up until Dec. 24.
- Toys R Us – You’ll get a price adjustment on any item purchased within seven days.
- Walmart – Walmart also matches buy one, get one free ads – just as long as the price is given.
- Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta and Piperlime
- Amazon: They no longer offer a price adjustment policy on everything they sell, but they do offer a 14 day price adjustment policy for TVs sold through Amazon.com.
It never hurts to ask. You may be surprised at how much you can save!!