Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Pulled Together Dinner That Came Out Awesome!!

It was one of those nights, when I just wasn't sure what to cook for dinner. I was in the mood for something yummy, but tired of this and that. Not in the mood for chicken, beef, or pasta...

I ended up finding some frozen chorizo sausage, (I always have some kind of sausage in the freezer for nights like these) that I must have bought on sale. Some home made sauce,(I always have some frozen)  a couple veggies, (broccoli and yellow squash), and found a very easy recipe to make bread on a great blog!

The bread is called, "The Best and Easiest Bread You Will Ever Make. " I just added a couple of twists!

I prefer not to use a lot of white flour in my baking so I added 2 cups of almond flour, 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup of white flour, (for a total of 4 cups per the recipe). When the bread was almost done, I took it out and sliced it in half and then added some of the sausage with the sauce, veggies, and some cheese.


Then put it back in the oven for aprox 15 minutes. It was a major hit! I will definitely make this again.
The finished product, (above) was so yummy. I not only stuffed mine with cheese, I also topped it to make it extra cheesy.

If you do not have time to make bread, you could just use an uncut loaf from the grocery store. Honestly, you could even take sliced bread and sandwich some goodies inside and then toast it up. Maybe cut off the crusts to make it look a bit different than a regular old sandwich. 

Happy Cooking...And Eating!


No comments:

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest