Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fruit (especially in the winter) Can Be So Expensive!!

I joined in on a conversation today while picking up my daughter from Preschool. My two friends were discussing how expensive fruit is. If you want to buy a package of Blueberries, which you will of course devour in one sitting, you will spend upwards of $4 for a small package!!

So I have a few tricks up my sleeve:
-I buy frozen fruit. Trader Joes offers a great selection at great prices.
- I found a great website: http://honeyvillegrain.com/products/fruit.html that offers freeze
dried fruit at great prices! I love the blueberries. I add them to yogurt, oatmeal, muffins, etc.
-Apples and bananas can get a bit boring after awhile, so I try to jazz them up!
    -Apples with Honey
Easy baked apples with honey
    -Banana with Peanut Butter and (honey)
Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter-Stuffed Banana Bites

    -Apple chips, (stick sliced apples in oven on 180' for 5-6 hours)
Apple Chips

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Pin It

Follow Me on Pinterest